Re-posted direct from the WatchGuard announcement:
WatchGuard is very pleased to announce the release of WatchGuard XCS version 9.1 Update 2 for all XCS Extensible Content Security appliances.
WatchGuard XCS 9.1 Update 2 includes significant enhancements to our award-winning WatchGuard XCS Extensible Content Security solutions. This release includes enhancements in spam protection, management and reporting, as well as data loss prevention functionality for XCS email security.In addition, XCS 9.1 Update 2 contains a number of fixes for issues reported by WatchGuard customers.
The key advancements of XCS 9.1 Update 2 include, but are not limited to:
- New WatchGuard XCS SecureMail Email Encryption add-on subscription for integrated privacy and protection of email communications; provides transparent, policy-based email encryption directly from the WatchGuard XCS appliance without the need for a local encryption server or additional desktop software
- New WatchGuard XCS SecureMail Branding add-on subscription for custom, fully-branded encrypted email communications
- XCS Outlook Add-in that places special Spam and Not Spam buttons in end user Outlook toolbar; helps improve overall XCS efficacy while giving users more control over their messages by providing:
- end user ability to report false positives where legitimate messages were marked as spam
- end user ability to report false negatives where a good message was mistakenly tagged as spam
- improved training of WatchGuard XCS appliance
- relays training feedback to WatchGuard
- adds sender to end user’s personal Trusted/Blocked Sender list
- Enhanced visibility into spam processing with new Intercept Component report that provides detailed information regarding:
- frequency of spam received based on each spam category
- token analysis score of messages received
- Intercept component contribution to spam score
- Improved redundancy with more connections to WatchGuard XCS Security Connection to ensure XCS security, updates, and services are always up and running
- And many more quality improvements and enhancements
If you’re an active LiveSecurity subscriber, you can upgrade to XCS 9.1 Update 2 free of charge.
Does This Release Pertain to Me?
WatchGuard XCS 9.1 Update 2 includes many important new features and enhancements as they pertain to spam efficacy, end user experience, secure email communications, data loss prevention, and redundancy of security and services. If you wish to take advantage of any of the updates listed above, or those mentioned in the Release Notes, you should consider upgrading to version 9.1 Update 2. Please read the Release Notes before you upgrade to understand what’s involved.
How Do I Get the Release?
WatchGuard XCS customers who have a current LiveSecurity Service subscription can obtain this update without additional charge by downloading the applicable package and/or XCS Outlook Add-Ins from the Software Downloads web page, which also includes clear installation instructions. As always, if you need support, please enter a support incident online or call our support staff directly. (When you contact Technical Support, please have your registered Product Serial Number, LiveSecurity Key, or Partner ID available.)
- U.S. End Users: 877.232.3531
- International End Users: +1.206.613.0456
- Authorized WatchGuard Resellers: +1.206.521.8375
If you require assistance installing these updates, need to purchase a WatchGuard LiveSecurity service subscription or a WatchGuard product, please call 864.990.4748 or email email@example.com – We are proud to be your WatchGuard partner & reseller in Greenville / Upstate, SC!