WatchGuard has released FireWare XTM 11.4 and WSM 11.4.
This release is available immediately and this latest security subscription is for WatchGuard XTM 2, 5, 8 and 1050 appliances.
In addition to enhancements covering just about every aspect of the product functionality, including: Security, centralized management, authentication, reporting and wireless, the following has been addressed:
- v11.4 allows better management of thousands of applications from Skype to Facebook, YouTube and more.
- New centralized management features will simplify the task of deploying security policies across multiple appliances. Templates are more flexible than ever, with inheritance and override settings that allow policies to be deployed across one, some or all appliances under the centralized management.
- Configuration History & Rollback for devices under centralized management gives the administrator the ability to “turn back the clock” and rever to a previous known good configuration when using the WSM Management Server.
- New authentication features will help ensure that every user and/or group has the correct security policy. These include the ability to authenticate users who are on Microsoft Terminal Servers or Citrix Server; support for multiple Active Directory groups, 802.1x authentication for the XTM 2 Series Wireless models and more!
- Enhanced IPS delivers rock-solid security with great efficiency and ease of configuration; IPS can now be configured independently of the security proxy/ies.
- New reporting functionality includes reports on Application Control and on several other functional areas, such as DHCP lease activity.
- Rogue wireless access point detection for the XTM 2 Series Wireless models.
In addition to the features listed above, 11.4 includes many smaller enhancements and bug fixes in many different areas of Fireware and WSM.
Active LiveSecurity subscribers can upgrade now free of charge!
If you would like additional information about these updates, need assistance applying the update or would like to renew your WatchGuard LiveSecurity subscription or purchase a WatchGuard product in the Greenville / Upstate SC area, please call 864.990.4748 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We are WatchGuard partners and resellers!