If you are in the market for a new business computer, where do you go in the Greenville / Upstate area?
Do you go to a “big box store”? A warehouse? An office supply?
You should be aware that the “business computer” you purchase from some dealers may actually be a computer designed for home use, and not actually a business environment.
Here are a few differences between a home computer and a business computer:
- Home computers generally are designed for faster graphics (aka games) and not processes, such as multi-tasking with business applications, where you have QuickBooks, Microsoft Office and other business applications open simultaneously.
- Home computers are likely to have small power supplies, or power supplies that claim higher wattage output, when in reality, that is maximum power output, not average power output.
- Home computers may have inferior cooling systems, such as fans with bushings instead of ball bearings, possibly causing damage to the computer itself if failure should occur.
- Home computers do not have the hard drives designed for long duty cycles (being left on long periods of time), and tend to fail much quicker than their business spec counterparts.
- Home computers generally have Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium loaded by default and cannot join a corporate domain without an upgrade to Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate.
- Home computers have cases and motherboards that may not lend themselves to expansion (IE, adding drives, or additional cards).
- Home computers in most cases do not have long warranties (Our business class computers are sold with a 3 year warranty!).
- Support for your home computer is rarely easy to obtain. You may have to call a call center, stay on hold, then speak to someone who may not speak your language as their own primary language. Returns and replacement parts are hard to obtain sometimes. Our business computers are supported by *US* as well as the manufacturer who is reachable, speaks English, and will ship parts next business day at no additional charge.
Before you purchase your next business computer in Greenville / Upstate SC, consider comparing specifications with a computer designed from the ground up for use in a business! Will it cost more? Absolutely. Is it worth it? Absolutely!
Call us at 864.990.4748 or email email@example.com for more information. We are partners with the best computer manufacturers in the world: Seneca Data / Nexlink, HP, Dell, Lenovo, Toshiba, and more! Not only are we a computer dealer, we also service / repair business computers.