Homeland Secure IT encourages the use of backup solutions to complete your disaster readiness plan. One of our recommendations is to implement remote, cloud based backup. Even if you have existing onsite backup, it gives you an extra layer of protection.
We partner with some of the biggest and most trusted names in offsite, cloud based backup providers such as (locally owned) Servosity, Mozy Pro and of course, Symantec.
Below, Symantec.cloud counters some of the most common objections to backing up your data offsite:
“My data won’t be secure”
- With Symantec Backup Exec.cloud, your data is secured during transit using 128 bit SSL encryption and stored using 256 bit AES encryption when at rest in Symantec’s highly secure, enterprise-class facilities.
“Online Backup will drain my bandwidth”
- After your initial backup, Symantec Backup Exec.cloud uses block level, incremental backup and performs backup of file changes only.
- Symantec Backup Exec.cloud uses bandwidth throttling to minimize impacts to your business productivity.
“It will be too difficult to manage”
- Automate backups to run on a schedule, or to backup when file modifications occur.
- Let us manage your backups for you!
- It’s easy to administer yourself – hassle free set up in just three steps.
“Backup is too expensive”
- BE.cloud offers usage-based pricing with no per-user licensing fees
- Subscription fee includes support, maintenance, and enhancements.
- With this solution there is no need to pay for resources to manage and maintain the backup system or for off-site tape storage.
“We don’t really need backup, we use removable drives and discs”
- What happens if the drive/disc is damaged, fails, is lost or stolen?
- How often are you performing backup? – Using removable drives and discs is a manual process that requires time – your time – to manage them. What could you be doing if this process was automated? Would your backup happen more regularly than it does now?
- Are there PCs or laptops that aren’t protected by using this method?
- What would happen to your productivity if one of these machines suffered a disaster/hardware failure? Would your workers lose data they need to do their jobs effectively? Would you lose any customer records, business or financial information?
“We want to manage our backup onsite”
- On-premise backup solutions can be expensive and require someone (perhaps you) to maintain them.
- On-premise backup solutions place the burden of security, storage and tape/disc vaulting on you. They also expose you to the risk of losing equipment and data in the event of a local natural disaster. – Use online backup with your existing on-premise solution to address off-site protection!
- Online backup replaces large upfront investments with predictable subscription based pricing. Managed virtually onsite using a web browser, you can not only manage and monitor the backup of machines at your location, but also at remote offices and on the machines of your mobile workers.
If you would like to know more about backing up to the cloud, or would like to discuss your backup / disaster recovery plan, please call 864.990.4748 or email email@example.com today. We provide complete service and sales of physical, onsite backup systems, from tape to disk in addition to cloud solutions.