What else does Homeland Secure IT do besides computers, servers and networks?
You know the elevator speech that you typical hear from people, where they pitch their services or wares to you? Mine goes something like this, “I’m John with Homeland Secure IT, and we provide small and medium businesses with computer, server and network support, service and sales here in the Upstate”.
The person I am telling will usually walk away thinking that we fix computers, or that we sell servers. All of which are correct, but by no means is that ALL we do. I can’t very well tell you, “Hi, I’m John and my company does everything related to IT”. Actually, I *have* said that, and that results in a tilt of the head and total confusion.
It is very hard to convey what we do, when in fact, we do so much!
So just what do we do? Welllllllllllll, taking a deep breath…
We DO provide service, repair, consultation and support of computers, servers, networks, mobile computers, and the like. That means, we fix stuff! We go to a client’s location and fix a malfunctioning server, we repair a computer or replace it, we put updates on firewalls, and consult with IT and facility administrators about needs. We also perform repairs of personal home computers in our Greenville office.
But, it’s so much more than just that. A vast array of technologies are included in there, here are a few:
- Voice over IP phone systems
- IP Surveillance Cameras (Security cameras, CCTV, DVR)
- Time & Attendance systems (Time clocks and time tracking hardware and software)
- Mobile computers (Notebook, netbook, laptop, tablet, smartphone)
- VPN and remote access to your business (secure access to files and machines)
- Wireless / Wi-Fi systems (both small business, and much larger, for schools, campus, college, enterprise)
- Licensing – We are licensing experts for Microsoft, Symantec, Trend Micro, Cisco and more!
- Email – Microsoft Exchange servers, cloud based email like Google Apps / Gmail, Office 365
That’s the tip of the iceberg! We also offer full sales of these products! We partner with the biggest names in technology and provide hardware, software and license sales! Whether you need one or a thousand of these items here in our area, we can help.
Here’s a partial list of the manufacturers who’s products we offer:
- Microsoft (Windows, Server, Exchange, SQL)
- Cisco (firewall, router, switch, VoIP, camera, security, wireless)
- Symantec (Backup Exec, endpoint virus protection)
- WatchGuard (Firewall, security)
- SonicWall (firewall, security)
- TrendNet (Switch, firewall, router, camera, wireless)
- D-Link (Switch, firewall, router, storage, camera, wireless)
- LinkSys (Switch, router, wireless)
- Trend Micro (WFBS, anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-spam)
- Acer (computer, netbook, notebook, tablet, laptop, monitor)
- Samsung (computers, monitors and much more)
- Toshiba (computers and more)
- Lenovo (computer, server, tablet and more)
- NexLink (business computer, server & tablet solutions)
- AcroPrint (Time and attendance systems)
- AVTECH (Server room monitoring)
- Jabra (headsets of all styles from wireless to corded)
- HP (computer, server, printer, network and more)
- DELL (computer, server, backup network and more)
- Servosity On Demand Backup (Remote backup solution)
- Audio-technica (headphones, microphones)
- Sennheiser (audio – headphone, microphone)
- Asus (computer, display)
- Panasonic (high speed scanner, printer and security)
- Ricoh (printer, scanner, copier, etc)
- Brother (printer, scanner, copier, etc)
- DA-LITE (projection screens, projector mounts)
- SNOM (IP phones)
- SMC Networks (network switches and more)
- LG Erricson (switches, VoIP)
- Intuit (Quicken, Quickbooks)
- Eaton (power supplies, UPS, power conditioning products)
- Quantum (Backup tape drives, RDX)
- Tandberg (Backup, tape, RDX drives)
- Adaptec (Controllers for SCSI, RAID, SAS, tape)
- Digium (VoIP systems)
- MSI (motherboard, notebook)
- MozyPro (remote online backup)
- Adobe (Photoshop, dreamweaver, creative suite, CS)
Sorry about that, had to cut myself off again. The list goes on and on. We are able to provide products from these manufacturers AND the expertise to install and support them!
I sometimes think it would be easier to answer the question of, “What do you guys do?” with if it were rephrased to be, “What DON’T you guys do?”… Then I would answer, “We don’t windows”. Oh but we do!
If we can assist you or your business with anything technology related, please give us a call at 864.990.4748 or use our handy CONTACT form. Whatever you need – We do IT!
Tags: broken, Cisco, Computer, fix, Greenville, Hardware, Laptop, Microsoft, Network, Notebook, Repair, Sales, Server, Service, servosity, Software, Support, symantec, Trend Micro, Upstate