The Federal Trade Commission has released a new document which may be worth a read for anyone looking for a place to start for improving their Business Security.
He’s the rundown of what is covered:
1. Start with security.
2. Control access to data sensibly.
3. Require secure passwords and authentication.
4. Store sensitive personal information securely and protect it during transmission.
5. Segment your network and monitor who’s trying to get in and out.
6. Secure remote access to your network.
7. Apply sound security practices when developing new products.
8. Make sure your service providers implement reasonable security measures.
9. Put procedures in place to keep your security current and address vulnerabilities that may arise.
10. Secure paper, physical media, and devices.
You can find the entire document here.
If you would like to enlist the assistance of professionals to help evaluate or improve your business network security here in the Greenville / Upstate SC area, please call us today at 864.990.4748 or use our contact form.