We have been informed by our Charter rep that starting today (January 10, 2012), Charter is starting an initiative focused on removing older generation docsis 1 and 1.1 modems from the customer user base that currently subscribes to MAX, PLUS and ULTRA.
The email included the following information:
- This is a company-wide project focused on technically positioning our customer base for advanced HSI products and increased speeds.
- The communication is handled via a browser message that will alert only those customers with older docsis 1 or 1.1 modems and asking them swap.
- Replaced at no cost to the customer, including customer owned modems. See sample screenshot image below…
- The customer will communicate with us via phone at 877.739.0427 or use the browser link to expedite the delivery.
- All modems will be sent via mail to the mailing address on the account. (again, at no cost to the customer)
- The modems will be mailed as a self install kit from a central distribution center.
Here’s the link: https://connect.charter.com/replacemodem/
If you have any questions about Charter internet, phone or television, either home or business, please call us at 864.990.4748 or email email@example.com