Job Title: Computer Service Technician
Location: Greenville, SC
Full/Part Time: Full-time
Regular/Temporary: Temp to hire
About Homeland Secure IT
Homeland Secure IT is a Greenville, SC based company providing service and support to Upstate based small, medium and enterprise businesses. We offer sales, service and support of computers, servers, network equipment, VOIP, security camera systems and more. Services provided are consultation, installation, break/fix repair, remote support and scheduled and preventative maintenance.
Description of basic duties
Respond to technical service requests at our office and client locations in the Upstate, SC area. Candidate must have hardware experience to support a variety of vendor computer, server, storage and networking devices. The candidate should also be knowledgeable on various Microsoft operating systems and desktop applications as found in a business environment. Majority of assigned daily tasks are service events handled via remote support (including phone and email).
Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing multi-vendor systems which include hardware, software and networking products as well as operating systems. Installs and optimizes hardware/software/networking product and configurations at customer sites and our facility. May diagnose and resolve product performance problems. Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations which may impact product performance. Takes responsibility for potential or desired follow-up services or problem escalations.
Technical and Behavioral Skills
· Must have GED or High School Diploma
· 2 or more years of experience in a field service support role or recent graduate from tech school.
· Background investigation and drug screen required
· Must have valid driver license and reliable vehicle with appropriate insurance (required)
· Proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office software
· Knowledge of Windows Server, Active Directory management desirable
· Ability to troubleshoot and repair software and hardware issues
· Ability to thoroughly document work performed
· Experience communicating with business clients – excellent communication skills required
· Must be well presented in a business environment such as legal and medical firms
· A+, Cisco and Microsoft certifications are highly desired
· Must be available for after-hours calls and installations
· Some sales/marketing experience is a plus
Candidate should send resume to: email@example.com
No phone calls or drop-in visits