Windows Server 2003 Support Ends in:[tminus t=”14-07-2015 01:00:00″ id=”<p>End of Support</p>” omitweeks=”true” style=”TIE-fighter” /]
Windows Server 2003 End of Support
Microsoft has scheduled the End of Support for their Server 2003 product to for July 14th, 2015, after which, there will be no support, no updates, and no patches to help protect your business from security issues.
That’s right, any of your line-of-business systems which are running on Windows 2003 are at risk!
Staying with Windows Server 2003 could result in additional security and maintenance costs, and unexpected downtime. New modern servers running Windows Server 2012 R2 could ultimately reduce your costs and improve security.
Typically, organizations on older hardware and operating systems are interested in improving their capabilities in several key areas including:
- Better performance and scalability
- Cost-effective storage
- Reliable backup and disaster recovery
- Simplified IT management
Newer server offerings preloaded with Windows Server 2012 R2 can help you get there, by offering a number of benefits including:
- Latest technology – new hardware is more energy-efficient. Windows Server 2012 R2 is a big step forward in capabilities and features, including virtualization and adds support for cost-effective storage, disaster recovery and remote access.
- Full support – new hardware is more secure and includes warranties for available parts and service
- More powerful servers – more power means improved processing and throughput for server hardware.
- Reduced server footprint – virtualization enables users to get more from each server and eliminate server sprawl.
- Simplified management – standards-based management simplifies compute, storage and networking functions.
- Pre-installed for simplicity – set-up is faster and easier.
- What is the hurry?
- End of support for Windows Server 2003 is July 14, 2015, which is a lot sooner than you may think. Having enough lead time is crucial to smooth migration. The risks and the costs increase significantly the longer you wait. Now is the time to get started!
- Is upgrading going to be expensive?
- Actually, in the long term, upgrading will reduce costs. Outdated hardware and software costs more to run and maintain. The latest systems are more energy efficient, so not only will you be able to reduce energy costs, but with Windows Server 2012 R2, you can take advantage of more cost-effective storage and built-in disaster recovery. You’ll also benefit from easier remote access and a consistent user experience.
- We don’t have the time or resources to handle a migration project right now, how can we manage?
- That’s why we’re here. We want to make this easy for your now, before end of support makes things more challenging. Why don’t you let us conduct a free assessment of your IT infrastructure? We can put together a plan that will show you exactly what it would take. Many clients discover that upgrading is more reasonable than they expected and the benefits received far outweigh the risks.
Give us a call at 864-990-4748 or use our CONTACT FORM to start a discussion about how we can migrate your Greenville / Upstate SC business to Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2!
We offer sales of Microsoft software and licensing, as well as servers, and consultation, installation, migration and the support you need to keep your business running smoothly!