I was at a meeting today in a nicely laid out conference room, and it made me think about how various businesses use video displays.
Here are a few options for typical boardrooms:
- Whiteboard, permanent screen or wall for display with a projector on the table, and cables running everywhere (currently how I do it at our office)
- Exposed retractable / drop-down screen mounted on wall with projector hung from ceiling mount and wiring nicely tucked out of sight (How it is done where I was today)
- Hidden retractable / drop-down screen mounted in ceiling with a hidden projector that drops with the touch of a button
- LCD or Plasma monitor mounted to the wall, cables hidden, electronics in a cabinet
- LCD or Plasma monitor on a kiosk or mobile rack that is self-contained
- LCD or Plasma monitor that retracts into in a credenza type cabinet with all electronics hidden in cabinet
Of course there are lots of other options, but you get the picture.
Since my business is supposed to be “high tech”, does it make sense for me to be using a mobile projector which is pulled out of the bag and put on the table with unsightly cables running everywhere for people to trip over? No it doesn’t. And I am going to do something about that. Coming soon will be option 3 above, a hidden screen and hidden projector.
But what is right for your business? Have you seen the options that are available to you?
Homeland Secure IT is a dealer for Da-Lite and can help you in planning and deploying the perfect solution to your wants and needs! Give us a call for a free consultation here in Greenville / Upstate SC… 864.990.4748 or email email@example.com